Wireless for CAN-bus or alike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless for CAN-bus or alike?

On my uninsulated roof room/space I have my expansion tank and all of my UVR equipment (610s and 1611) is in the basement. I want to measure the temperature close to my expansion tank, and as well measure the temperature on the roof out side. I have 230 VAC for a UVR devise in the roof room, but communication with wire via CAN bus or DL is not possible from the roof room to the basement. How do I communicate/transfer data to my UVR610S-mod or my UVR1611 in the basement? I have full Wifi coverage in the house. And what low cost UVR devise is recommendable - I expect use less than 5 analog inputs. Thanks.

If you only want to measure temperature, humidity or light intensity, you can consider the wireless system:

https://www.ta.co.at/en/sensors/wireless-system/

Connect the RCV-DL to the DL bus of either your CMI, UVR1611 or UVR610 (or any other DL bus your system has).

With that, you can then connect devices like RAS-F (temperature), RAS-F/F (Temperature and humidity) or GBS-F (solar radiation level)

There is a new bus standard in Technische Alternative, called CORA. It is already being used for the ATON devices (solar PV to electric heating modules). The CORA technology is available in wired (CORA-DL) as well as wireless (CORA-F, F for Funk which means radio signal, in German). I have asked elsewhere about the CORA-F, as I couldn't find any further information. The UVR610 you have should have CORA-F built into it.. As soon as there are temperature sensors available in the CORA standard, I presume you would be able to use those.

Better ability to use wireless sensors will be a huge improvement to the Technische Alternative UVR environment. As much as I like the stability and reliability of physical cabling, it would be great to have that option. I also hope that UVR devices some day would be able to link up wirelessly, as an alternative to the cabled CAN bus. Either instead of, or with combined cabled/wireless connections providing redundancy, should either one of them fail. Cables could break or have bad connections over time, while wireless could be jammed or drown in unregulated local RF noise.

Another option, would be to add one more CMI to your system, in the rooftop. Since the CMI doesn't connect directly to WiFi, you also need a small box to transform your WiFi into Ethernet. Once you have this setup, you assign fixed IP address to both CMIs, and then you can connect the entire system using CAN bus over ethernet. Note that the CMI has DL bus capability, which means you can connect DL sensors directly to the CMI, without any further UVR devices.

If you choose this option, you could consider the second CMI to be the version with an SMS module. This CMI is great if you want a backup to the internet based CMI, with alarms and even two way control of certain functions. In case of a power failure, the system can send one SMS about this, before the power runs out.
    Last edited by Core; 12-25-2021, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Note that the existing wireless sensor system, ie RAS-F (temperature), RAS-F/F (Temperature and humidity) or GBS-F (solar radiation level), is NOT COMPATIBLE with the CORA-F standard.

Comment

Thank you for our help and input.

Comment

Working...
        X